Friday 19 March 2010

Filler

Hello all,

I was hoping to get part 2 of 'The making of The Fierce & The Dead' up on the blog tonight (you can still read part 1 here) but as always other stuff came up so I thought i'd just fill you in on what has been happening at my end. If you don't know what i'm talking about then go have a look here.


A couple of weeks ago I found myself at The Royal Festival Hall on Londons Southbank recording a concert being performed by The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. They were playing music composed by Azerbaijani composers, of which there are many. It was an evening organised and paid for by some hyper rich Azerbaijani fellow who was doing this to promote his countrys culture. I thought most of these guys blew it all on hookers and blow, but I guess I was wrong. I have to say, far from it being a vanity project the quality of the compositions was excellent and there are far more respected composers from there than I ever knew about. I recommend checking out Gara Garayev. Bloody good stuff. Here's a little clip of what went on.



Oh and i've just started up my own youtube channel so go subscribe and you'll get to see some of the exciting things I get to do. And share my pain with some of the less exciting things I get to do. Have a look here.

Also i've found a really nice forest near my home in South London. It's kinda cool in a huge adventure playground way. I miss the countryside sometimes.



And finally - don't lose your iPhone as they are bloody pain to replace. That's this weeks top tip.

Ta ra,

Kev.


1 comment: